Today, we are going to discuss some questions along with their solutions so that you can understand about the Roku media player in a better way. You can connect your Roku to the PC via USB port and DLNA server. For more help and support, you can go to Roku com link from your browser.
How to use Roku media player?
To watch a movie or video:
- Select the channel from the Roku home screen. This channel should be installed from the Roku store only. To connect your Roku TV to the account, first, connect both via Built-in USB player.
- If you want to play the contents, which are stored in USB device, then directly plug the USB device into the USB port of Roku player.
- If the stored video is on DLNA server, then you must ensure that this server is running on your network.
- Select the type of media from the selection page on the home screen of your media player.
- Tap on the device from where you want to stream the contents.
- Use the arrow keys on your remote to go to the particular folder or file you wish to view. If the video doesn’t get played, then this format is not supported by the Roku player.
- Press ‘Play’ to start playing the videos.
- While playing the videos, you can easily pause, stop, forward and rewind the media with the help of remote buttons.
- If you want to halt a video, then press UP and back simultaneously. For more help go to www Roku com link and search for a particular
Important: If you want to save the poster from the video, then you can do it in artwork and save it as PNG or JPG file.
Type of media files supported by Roku player
Roku supports the following media formats:
- Video- .MKV,MOV,MP4 and on Roku 4: H.265 and VP9.
- Audio- all the major formats like AAC, MP3, MP4, WAV, EAC3, ALAC, MKV, PCM, M4A are supported by Roku. A complete list is also available on www support Roku com
- Image- JPG, PNG, GIF.
The Roku channel will only show the supported formats in the list else all the unsupported formats will not be shown by the channel. Roku 4 and Roku TV are the only models, which support Multichannel AAC, rest all other models do not support this mode.
Which USB drive formats are supported by Roku channel?
With Roku Media Player channel, you can easily play music files, video files, and Photos from your USB drive. Roku channel supports the following format: FAT16, FAT32, HFS+, and NTFS.
Almost all the external powered USB drives work fine with the Roku player. However, there are some hard drives which don’t draw sufficient power from the Roku player. If your USB drive doesn’t get recognized, then you may get Roku HDCP unauthorized content disabled error. You can also access different partitions of your USB drive through Roku media player. Visit Roku com page for more help and support.
What DLNA servers are supported by Roku media player?
Roku media player supports Twonky, Servio, Plex, MiniDLNA formats for DLNA servers. For a complete list of supported formats, you can visit Roku link.
How to convert the videos to the supported Roku channel?
You can convert the videos into a suitable format with the help of different tools available on the internet. Handbrake is among one of them. This tool produces a high-quality video.